13 July 2010

No One Writes Letters Anymore




I took this photograph on our Gypsy Tour of the West. These feather pens and ink wells were in the general store at Fort Bridger, Wyoming. Our docent told us all about how they did things in the 1800's.

Seeing these feather pens and ink wells lined up on the shelf made me think of old fashioned letter writing. With computers, email, and Facebook, not many people send handwritten letters anymore. I try to send out cards for birthdays, Christmas and other special occasions, but I couldn't tell you when the last time I sat down and hand wrote a simple letter.

I love receiving letters and notes. Who wouldn't. There is never anything really fun that comes in the mail. My favorite professional photographer magazine, but that's about it.

I use many of my art images on note cards. I have a special idea for this image. I'm going to start writing more letters!

No comments: